Thursday, June 07, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation

Since this is basically it for me....
We left to go camping right after work on 6/1/2007. We camped at Westlake in the Red Feather Lakes. Randy was a grump Friday night which made the rest of us want to turn around and go home. The rest of the weekend was better. Randy and Matt are so alike that they are CONSTANTLY pushing each other's buttons.

Monday-Went to the movies. Matt and a friend saw Spidey while Kristen and I saw Gracie. If you do not cry in that movie, it means you are not human. Friday night M/K and I went to the go kart track.

Tuesday-Randy left for a rush trip to Lexington, KY and the kids and I hung out.

Wednesday-watched a couple of movies-Deja Vue with Denzel Washington is outstanding. Kris went to the rec center to swim for a few hours. oH and the microwave spazzed and now we have a burnt mark on the inside which renders it unusable. Burned through to the metal.

Thursday-I decided to try a new recipe. Boston creme cupcakes. 1st problem, it says melt chocolate in the microwave. I could use the camper one since it is taking up half the driveway at the moment, but too much trouble. Use choc frosting. Bigger problem. I slice the cupcakes like I am supposed to, but my illogical mind does not pay attention to where I put the lids for each cupcake so you guessed it- i get done filling them and am missing two lids. GRRR. Immediately, called Kristen down to eat the evidence. She is still laughing at me. She says you never make cupcakes mom and when you do you mess it up. Nice Kid. Not sure what the rest of the week holds other than 2 must attend meetings, but I am making the most of it.

No comments: