Wednesday, July 23, 2008

15,000 books later...

All the books for the new libraries have been shelved! Yes 15,000 is the correct number. It has been the single most stressful event I have been through in my library career. Being responsible for 3 new schools' libraries has been tough. I have yelled so much at freight carriers I am sick of yelling.(good news M and K). The warehouse guys have been phenomenal. They deserved every one of the 3 dozen cookies I made them. I have been so exhausted that tonight I am washing the baking sheets for these cookies that I made on 7/14.Nice thing about dealing with vendors is that they buy you stuff especially if they think you will throw business at them for the next school opening.(next summer)The complete tally is:
1 bloody mary
1 venti starbucks
1 lunch at Popeye's chicken
1 b bq lunch at Famous Dave's.

Adding to this stress is the mousie problem. Silver lining is that Randy cleaned out the floor of the pantry and vacuumed the basement. He also repaired the springs on the loveseat and rocking chair. Note to kiddies: Unless you want to buy us new furniture, the throwing yourselves into the furniture needs to cease and desist.

I am typing this on my new dell latitude laptop. It has a DVD player/burner but apparently I am more PC challenged than I realized. I can not open the DVD thing to even watch a movie. Waitng for Randy to get home from fishing.

No comments: