Friday, April 13, 2007

I wanted a snow day

Well no snow, not even a flake. So much for the 6-12 inches. Two all day meetings got cancelled in anticipation of this blizzard. DIA cancelled flights in anticipation. Stupid, stupid people. Castle rock and south will get some snow but for us on the northern front range-NADA.

Still working on cleaning up the house after the trip. Laundry is not progressing quickly. I have finished two books-Leavimg Microsoft to change the world and Shopaholic and Baby. I am currently reading Crunch Time, Motor Mouth and the most recent Robert B. Parker book.

I did not get out of jury duty, so I am trying to get stuff done at work in anticipation of this. I am about to give up. I feel under appreciated in the work arena right now. I really needed this snow day. Oh well, maybe I can find a quiet place in the office to work or least do something that might make me feel like a librarian. My attitude is not the best. I think maybe Randy and I need to go out. We shall see. He has had gout since before we got home and it is slowly getting better but not completely there. Kristen, matt and I all came home with colds. Kris stayed home one day from school.

Kris will be taking honors science next year and Matt's social studies teacher has recommended him for honors government next year. That grade is up to a C. Now only pesky math and science. His mp3 player broke a while ago(has not mattered since music was supposedly taken away), but told him I would buy him a new one if he passes all his classes.

This weekend I want to do more driving with him and take him to apply for summer jobs to pay for summer school. If he passes all his classes this time and passes the makeup final for math last semester, he will only have to attend one summer school session and we might be able to go to Hawaii in July.

No comments: