Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy 2007 everyone! We spent our typical New Years Eve with a seafood dinner and a game of Monopoly. I went out first followed quickly by Kristen and then the battle began in earnest. Matt and Randy playing Monopoly is not for the weak of heart.

Kristen went over to her friend kayla's house three times since we were home to work on a project for an elective class. I think Kayla's mom is far more concerned about this project than either girl.

Matt seems like he is moving on from Jen. The breakup was inevitable but she could have been a lot nicer about it. Matt was great until she found someone better. I think it was an eye opening experience for him. I took him to see Eragon to get his mind off his problems. Pretty good.

Today we moved the rolltop desk and all its contents down to the basement and moved the one computer desk into the dining room in its place. We did this so Randy had room to work in his office. He has taken back the compaq laptop and now I have the desktop up here. Kristen is ecstatic. I am ecstatic since this will open my work programs which the laptop would not. Now I do not have to drag my work laptop home every single night. It is 10:53 and still doing laundry that is needed for tomorrow.

Sad news: Randy's camping friend Gary died from liver cancer yesterday morning. Holli's coworker Sharon's father died this morning and Holli's boss is stuck in Texas due to the storms. It looks to be a busy week. Randy anticipates a trip to Singapore as early as this weekend.

Plans for tomorrow night: gift card redemption after homework. Weather was an issue and coordinating schedules. They chose sledding with friends yesterday over shopping. Today was all about keeping promise made to husband.

No comments: