Wednesday, December 05, 2007

matt Christmas shopping, m/k shoes, where are my toys

Matt got paid so I deposited his checks(apparently he gets paid every two weeks but he did not know this) and showed him how to use an ATM. While I had him out, I told him to get enough money out to buy Christmas presents for at least his father and sister. Headed to Borders and listened to Black Sabbath on the way. Get into Borders he is flundering. Help him pick out something for Kristen, he manages to find soemething for Randy on his own. He goes to pay. I go to sit. He comes over to me with a very foul look on his face snarling i hope she appreciates this. The actual price was 3 times what we thought it was. OK, so now we have to go exchange it for something more appropriate in price. He grabs the 1st thing he sees with no thought put into it. Have the "do you want her to think this little when picking out your gift?" chat. Ok, make another suggestion which he takes. I go with him to exchange the gift. Get this process initiated and then go sit some more. He comes back looking less unhappy and gets the gifts wrapped and they are under the tree.

The night before, I took both kids shopping for more shoes. Kristen's sneakers were falling apart and Matt needed shoes that will give him some foot and ankle support. Let Kristen to her own devices and spend time helping Matt. I told him we are not going for style but functionality. Apparently this fell on deaf ears. he picks out skechers which have a plastic sole and no support. I pick out rockports. After suggesting many styles we finally find one. they are slip on and are relatively comfortable. Tonight will tell since he works.

Now for the toys. Based on furniture arrangement, the best place for the Christmas tree is at the side window, where the doggie's toys are. She watched me move them to the window seat behind the rocker. She sniffed at them there. We put up the new skinny tree that I like and Randy hates and a new fuzzy tree skirt. The dog insists that her toys are there and invisible. She digs around the tree skirt and sniffs with her nose touching the carpet like she is a bloodhound tracking those toys that any non-moronic dog could find, but with her tracking geniousness(to use kristen's word, she can not find them on the window seat. Brilliance. Every day I come home to the tree skirt disturbed.

No comments: