Friday, December 21, 2007

Only 4 days to go

Well I think I am almost ready for Christmas shopping wise. My son is getting his heart's desire so the present count is extremely lopsided. It has been very difficult for me to get into the "holiday spirit". It is weird spending the holiday here with no family coming. Hopefully it will be relaxing. Unlike most school librarians I only get Christmas eve and Christmas day off. The weather is cold and damp. Southern Colorado is getting close to a foot of snow. We probably will only get an inch at most. Our plans for Christmas and New Years are pretty dependent on Matt's work schedule. The bowling alley is closed on Christmas eve so we will definitely be headed to church at 7pm that evening.

Kristen seems to be recovered from her bout of strep throat. I am loaded up on oranges and orange juice to try to thwart the rest of us from getting it.

Adding to my melancholy state at the moment is the fact that Jerry, the custodian at Altona Middle School died today. The teacher-librarian at that school found him dead outside the gym doors. He was the nicest soul you could ever meet. He used to be the custodian at Mead. Matt remembered him, but I doubt Kristen did. My heart is very sad right now. I put off dealing with it while I was at work, but now that I am home, I do not have that distraction. My office Christmas party is tomorrow night, but I do not feel like celebrating.

No comments: