Monday, February 06, 2006

The weekend and more

I am writing this from the doghouse. Today is mom's birthday and I decided to surprise her and wait for her on the loveseat. Drat, I forgot Matt comes home first and he yelled at me. Matt and mom are not getting along. She tells him to do something that takes him away from his videogame and he tells her that her birthday present is refundable. Anyway, back to the weekend. Mom was gone all weekend and Dad was mad at the kids for downloading garbage onto mom's computer. I hate when mom goes away. Sunday, we watched the superbowl. Yeah Steelers. We also watched some silly shows like worst sports disasters. Not too thrilling. They went shopping to Walmart and apparently were waited on by a bunch of slow old ladies. At least they went shopping, Mom said. She gave them a list. Sunday they baked a cake. Mom could not find banana cake mix so we are having lemon with cream cheese icing. Mom said her favorite cake is banana with banana rum icing. She says Aunt Heidi made that when they got back from the Bahamas. They all helped to make it. Matt's job was to get the eggs out of the refrigerator and put them back. Today, mom was sooooooo happy to get Aunt Heidi's present-A bunch of stuff came but the excitement was all over the Librarian action figure. Doesn't look all that thrilling to me-no squeaker and does not smell like bacon. Did I ever mention how much I love bacon. For my birthday I want a bacon cake. Tomorrow is parent teacher conferences so no lovely cooking smells.

No comments: