Monday, July 30, 2007

Trains

Tonight on my way home, I had to wait for a train. Nothing unusual in this town. I was at the crossing with the gates down and no train. The gates go up after a minute or two and just as traffic begins to proceed across the track, you hear this loud Blare! The train was right there and was right there. Fortunately, the guy hightailed it in reverse and avoided a collision. Heart stopping. Then to further irritate everyone in line, the train kept the crossing tied up for 45 minutes. This kept me from getting home at a decent time which meant hurry and make dinner so Randy could have dinner before his weekly conference call. Because of all this rushing around, dinner was not to Randy's liking and he stormed out to get mcdonald's. He came home and ranted and raved and then joined the conference call. I went back into work. 3 deadlines looming. Lovely evening.

No comments: