Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Randy gave me a pink fishing rod(told him that was the only way I would go fishing) and earbuds with comfortable ear pieces for my ipod. We will be grilling burgers and having homemade potato salad for dinner. This was my choice. Any decent restaurant around here has lines and noise and screaming children. I can listen to screaming children virtually any time. Since I have been so negative about motherhood in general lately, I decided to list what I love about each of mine.

Matthew

  1. his creativity- I helped him make a Who Shot JFK version of CLUE for a class project
  2. his " i don't care what you think" attitude-this may help him avoid the whole drug/alcohol scene.
  3. his charm-he can always make me laugh even if I am so angry I do not want to laugh
  4. his fun loving attitude-if it isn't fun, why do it? (There ARE reasons Matt!)

Kristen

  1. her tender heart-she feels deeply her friends pain(her brother is not included in this)
  2. her childlike innocence-she is growing up before my eyes, but I love the fact that she still will play with sidewalk chalk and playdoh
  3. her desire to succeed in school-I love the fact that for the most part, I do not have to think about her homework. I am grateful God blessed me with Matt, but also that he only gave me one like him!
  4. her fun-loving attitude-she also likes to have fun but in a more physical way than Matt.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

No comments: