Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bowling, teenagers and squirrel season and homesickness

Matt joined a bowling league again, this time with kids more his age. I am getting him a bowling ball for his birthday-it has a green swirly design.

Randy is off volunteering for the weekend with the wetlands restoration project so it is just the kids and me. I thought it would be a fun weekend. It would have been minus the teenage attitude X 2. Apparently I am their slave as well as their verbal punching bag. Everything is a drama. The youth at church are going on a hike this afternoon and Matt wants to go, but he spent all day yesterday watching cartoon manga videos on youtube, so if he goes he will not have time for homework and I am supposed to take him shopping for clothes to wear to a homecoming dance.(Many students wear tuxes). BUT, he is not going to the dance. These clothes are for a DRAMA CLUB SKIT. Kristen bought a hair straightener yesterday, apparently an essential item. At 7pm last night she wanted to go practice her volleyball serves, only park that has a net also serves as a drug hangout at night. I say No, she says I am evil. I would rather be an evil mom than no mom despite the fact that they are driving me crazy. BTW, did you know freak is the replacement word for another unacceptable word beginning with F?

Squirrel Hunting-Fall has sprung and so have all the squirrels. Sabrina is spending a good portion of her day racing down the steps to watch a squirrel dart out of range. She then spends the next 30-45 minutes waiting for it come back. Then the process begins again.

Homesickness:
I read a book by Jodi Picoult that takes place in Lancaster. Then I watched the Penn State game and they talked about grilled stickies. I want to come home but no time or money. Well I have the time, but the kids and Randy would kill me(for different reasons).

Must go email my friend who is a die-hard Michigan fan.

No comments: