Saturday, September 29, 2007

Letter to Matt

Matt,
Yesterday you turned 17. I can not believe you have been a part of my life for 17 years already. Life with you is never boring. You have entertained me, frustrated me, enlightened me and made me have a new appreciation for many things.

Some of my favorite memories of you:
  • The beach, the beach you screamed as you slammed into the sliding glass door at Myrtle Beach
  • Yelling shark, shark on the beach to see what people would do( this was not funny at the time)
  • Having signup lists in daycare for a camp you were running and the field trip you were hosting( without my knowledge)
  • Your civil war powerpoint
  • Your biome project from a Ninja perspective
  • Your relationship with Mr. Baker-you let him hug you when nobody else was allowed to even touch you.
  • Your unfailing determination not to let other people's opinions affect or influence you.
  • Your sometimes warped sense of humor( you inherited this from your grandfather.)

Love, Mom

No comments: