Saturday, September 15, 2007

My first high school football game

Last night I went to my 1st high school football game. Here are my observations:

  1. High school football players are skinny
  2. Halftime shows are not as good as colleges
  3. The announcer does not have a good grasp of the game
  4. The referees were obviously paid by the number of flags thrown
  5. Obnoxious football parents are alive and well in Colorado.

The reason I went to the game is Matt's drama club was performing during halftime. They basically did a cheer/dance thing. I wish my camera would have worked at the time, but no such luck. I think it sensed the precipitation in the air. I asked Kris to go along so I would have someone to sit with. She invited two friends. We picked 1st friend up and realized I forgot camera. On the way back to get camera, Matt called. His friend Ian had a free ticket but would need a ride home. Could we give him a ride home? Yes, if I switch cars. Go get camera and switch cars. Pick up 2nd friend and go to the game. Pick seats. Kris and pals switch seats a minimum of 30 times. Game starts and none of high school students sit at anytime during game. This annoys obnoxious football parents who yell continuously down in front. Geez, leave them alone, this is their schools' game. All football parents had to do is move higher. Too much effort apparently. Anyway, all they were missing was SHS dropping passing, fumbling, missing tackles and generally stinking. (Matt does not want to go to anymore football games-too painful to watch). Kris and friends were bored almost immediately. Had to have the talk- you do not leave the bleachers without telling me. They found every reason imaginable to leave. I put my foot down when they wanted to go under the bleachers to look for cans. The concession stand only sells bottled drinks. AND THIS IS A HIGH SCHOOL EVENT! I did not want Kris and friends under there when I had no idea who else was under there doing what. I am the evil mother once again.

No comments: